Saturday, September 17, 2011

First Six Sentence Sunday of September


Yep, I've been away for far too long.  Good news is I've had a chance to work on my novel (Restoring Experience), and I have more six-sentence tidbits to share with you.  I hope you enjoy this one, from the end of Chapter 6.


When our whispering voices faded into the dripping remnants of the storm in the potted azalea bushes bordering the terrace, Michael reached again for my hand.  Relaxed, I hesitated an instant too long, and the unfamiliar contours of his fingers closed around mine.  My breath caught, a mixture of guilt and something that felt surprisingly like pleasure.  The chemistry between our skin was electric.  I may forget our conversations, or the exact color of his eyes, the texture of his hair.  But I will never forget that first touch.

Please remember to visit the other Six-Sunday Bloggers -- there are some awesome writers in there!

10 comments :

  1. Very pretty writing. I can almost smell those azaleas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emotional Six...haven't read the other snippets you have posted, so I'm not familiar with the story...but very intrigued to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the emotion! I wonder why she will forget him though.

    And I'm curious about where you live - it sounds a lot like my island, Mauritius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice writing! Especially 'our whispering voices faded into the..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully clear and full of longing. Nice six.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your six! ...every time I read someone's writing, I (not quite) read out loud to see if I get caught on words/rhythms, but yours always flows so nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet...you voice is very soothing. Nice six.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...