Monday, June 17, 2013

I've been reblogged!

(Image taken from this website)
In June 2011, when I began my blogger equivalent of an eight-month baby attempting to spoon beet purée into its mouth--unsupervised--I had no clue what I was in for. Two years later I can say, mouth overflowing sincerity, that my expectations about blogging were waaaaaay off.
I never imagined I'd have followers--let alone 200! Yep, we broke the bicentenary barrier this month. You guys--yeah, all of you--you rock.

A big HURRAH for you!



I never expected the blogging community would become a pillar for my development as a writer--and a person. I'm grateful beyond words (and, ahem, if you follow this blog you know verbosity is kind of my trademark) for the people I've met, the friends, the acquaintances, the mentors. Every single reader. Thank you.

Photo borrowed from this post--totally
worth reading, too.
I absolutely never ever in my wildest twisted-megalomaniac-mindburps imagined I'd be reblogged. Especially not on Curaçao themes--and certainly not by a Curaçao native compiling a list of 1000 Awesome Things About Curaçao. But--hell be freezing, pigs be flying--that's exactly what has happened. This wonderful woman, a writer born in Curaçao and living in NYC, has reblogged two of Quiet Laughter's A-Z Challenge posts: here and here.

I'm flattered to the quantumest iotic particle of my being. And, more relevant to you, reader, motivated like a hydrogen engine (does that even exist? now you know why I don't write sci-fi...) to finish the Curaçao series.

Coming soon:

Underworld: Blue, Blue, Blue
Friendship in Curaçao
Skewed Perceptions: Part I (Crime)
Skewed Perceptions: Part II (Politics)

Thank you. Really. All of you. If I could, I'd hug you.



4 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...